Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The Sub

I recently moved from my very own one bedroom apartment to sharing half of a small house with two other people. As such, I've had to throw away a lot of crap. As I was tossing out a backpack with a broken strap (the strap is only partially broken, and therefore in my mind the backpack was still usable... anyway...) I discovered 3 copies of a script I wrote in a high school writing class. I've been out of high school for about 5 years and continued using this backpack for about 2 years after high school and never removed these scripts for some reason. Maybe I hoped one day they'd be a conversation starter or something, I don't know. I even knew they were there before I decided to throw out the backpack. The script itself is heavily inspired by the BBC version of The Office and grizzled old lazy substitutes of my youth. It features semi-excessive cursing due to the fact that the teacher didn't care if we swore and I was a teenage boy. Here are all 8 pages of the script in their unedited written-by-a-17-year-old glory.







No comments:

Post a Comment