Sunday, April 24, 2011

In rougly one year between 2004 and 2005, I created 10 YTMND sites

Here they are:

Mah niggas don't dance - Combining Fat Joe with The Simpsons. Based on its poor quality, I'm pretty sure I made the image myself and recorded the song with a PC microphone.

Shake Your Rump-Ah! - Some fat kid + Alizee + the Beastie Boys. It sounds like I used a PC mic again. I did not make the GIF.

Solid Snape kills Dumbelnooo - This is a combination of 3 trends on YTMND at the time (I believe I'm the only one that combined them in this way): Harry Potter spoilers, Darth Vader's "NOOOOOO" from Revenge of the Sith, and parodying Metal Gear Solid. I believe I made the sound and the image myself, which is way more effort than I'd currently put into something like this. This also seems like the first one where I actually had sound editing software.

Resident Evil 4 is GC exclusive!- I thought the lyrics in the song I used (by Taking Back Sunday) were hilariously bad and fitting for that image (which I did not create). I was also a bit of a Nintendo fanboy at the time so I sort of cared that Resident Evil 4 wasn't exclusive anymore even though I didn't buy it until last year. For Wii.

OW! My sperm! - Image/sound from Futurama.

Supersize it, Supervise it - Combining a picture of a fat kid at McDonald's with part of a song by Le Tigre (I believe it's called "Well Well Well"), who I was really into at the time. Le Tigre, not the fat kid.

Sexy, am I right? Guys? - A GIF of an anorexic transsexual walking towards the camera while the "Imagine there's no heaven" part of A Perfect Circle's cover of "Imagine" plays.

Sex in the future - I have no recollection of making this. I probably found the comic and the song around the same time and thought they'd fit or something.

Fear not, for I shall assist ye! - Another Futurama joke, but this time I put the extra effort into actually making the GIF myself.

SOUL RLY? - The "O RLY" meme was huge on YTMND. If it didn't start there, it definitely rose to prominence there. Soul Calibur III came out and had an owl character, so I made an O RLY YTMND using a picture of him. This is the second GIF I actually made myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment